Consistent capital growth over the long term
To provide investors with a blend of regular income (with some franking) and consistent capital growth over the long term from a purposeful portfolio of Australian shares, International Shares, Property, Interest Bearing Securities and Cash. The strategy seeks to deliver strong risk-adjusted total returns over the investment strategy minimum timeframe – provide a return beyond the Benchmark with an equivalent level of risk as measured by monthly variability of returns.
Investment Strategy and Approach
The Investment Committee have defined the investment universe of each of the Investment Options and established the investment guidelines appropriate for the particular investment strategies.
The investment process is multi-faceted. It focuses primarily on intensive bottom-up research to identify quality investments that are attractively priced and offer an appropriately compensated risk-reward relationship. This bottom-up research is supplemented by top-down macroeconomic views. Risk management and capital preservation are key themes underlying the portfolio construction. The aim is to reduce asset specific risk and produce consistent and replicable returns.
Designed for Investors Who
- require a diversified balanced portfolio;
- are seeking moderate growth over the investment timeframe with a moderate level of income;
- accept a moderate degree of volatility associated with a relatively higher exposure to growth assets;
- accept the risk of price fluctuations particularly over periods less than the minimum investment timeframe and that capital preservation is not guaranteed; and
- understand that withdrawals from this Portfolio may be delayed due to the fixed terms of maturity for some fixed interest investments such as term deposits
Benchmark of Morningstar Multi-Sector Balanced
Indicative Number of Stocks
25 – 40, held across a range of asset classes and underlying sub-portfolios.
Minimum Suggested Investment Time Frame
4 to 6 years
Asset Allocation Ranges
|MINIMUM MODEL INVESTMENT||MIN %||TARGET %||MAX %|
|Property & Infrastructure||2||12.5||15|
|Australian Fixed Interest / Debt Securities||5||25||30|
|International Fixed Interest||0||0||20|
|Investment Fee||0.63% p.a.|
Get the inside scoop with
Join over 42000 subscribers who benefit from our financial insights and market recommendations each week.
Don’t miss out on our latest investment report written by The Clime Investment team.